Friday, June 18, 2010

A New Respect for my Mom...

like a soft silk blanket,
your love is there.
Covering me with gentleness and warmth.

As a mother you want to protect,
steal the hurt,
and mask the world for what it really is.

No one can be perfect,
but the Love, care, and intentions,
of a Mother is.

The bond can never be broken,
Thoughts can never fade.
You can feel the love from miles away.

I love you Mom,
I will always and forever,
be your baby girl

I wrote this for my mom, after one evening I was thinking about my own baby girl and how hard it will be for me when she actually has to face the big bad world. I guess I never really thought about how hard it must have been, and still is, for my mom to watch me struggle though life's hardships and not be able to take the pain and frustration away.


No comments: